Effective Date: April 22, 2021
1. Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect information from you in connection with the Services, including:
- Registration or profile information: When you register or create a profile through the Services, we may collect information such as your name, gender, age or date of birth, email address, username, and password.
- Activity information: When you access or use the Services on one or more devices, request information from us, sign-up for our newsletters or email list, access an offer we may provide, participate in a PILEM sweepstakes or other Promotions, fill out a survey, post content or comments to the Services, request customer support or otherwise contact us, we may collect information including your email address, postal address, and telephone or mobile number.
- Digital Retailer account information: When you connect a Digital Retailer to the Services we may collect identifying information about you, such as your user ID or username, from that platform, as well as information about your interactions with the Digital Retailer account, including your videos associated with that Digital Retailer Account.
- Social media or other third-party service account information: When you login, access, or otherwise connect the Services to or through a social media or other third-party service (e.g., another video service), we may collect certain information about you from that service, including your email address, telephone number, birthdate, user ID or username, and password associated with that service. Subject to choices you have made in your registration with, and privacy settings on, such social media or other third-party services we may also receive information about you, such as your public profile information, photos, pages you have “liked”, and other account and profile data.
- Public Information. When you publicly post or share comments, content, or other information to the Services, we may collect information about you that accompanies such posts, including your user ID, or username, email address, and avatar.
Information Automatically Disclosed
We may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, application program interfaces, software development kits, or other technologies to automatically collect certain information about visitors to, and users of, the Services, as well as users who interact with our emails and online and mobile advertisements. For example, the information we may automatically collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Technical and device information, including your browser or device type, unique identifier of any of your computer(s), mobile device(s), or other device(s) used to access or use the Services, IP address, mobile device model, mobile device operating system, and streaming URL.
- Usage information, including the date and time you visit the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other site or app usage data (such as when you link to a Digital Retailer or other third-party service), and emails or other communications that you open, forward or click-through to our Site. If you access your PILEM account on multiple devices or browsers, we may associate your usage information across one or more devices with your PILEM account.
- Video activity information, such as your video titles, video descriptions (e.g., episode, or genre descriptions), and other video activity information, such as your video browsing or search history; your video views; your video purchases, rentals, or redemptions; and your engagement with videos (e.g. your video favorites).
- Location information, when you access or use the Services, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with the Services (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by applicable law.
We may also use Service Providers to support the Services, better understand how you are using the Services, deliver and improve the Services and related content, personalize your experience, communicate with you and respond to and process your requests and orders, and help us serve more personalized advertising to you on the Services and third-party sites and apps. Some of these third parties may use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, HTML5 cookies, application program interfaces, or software development kits to receive, collect, and store information about you.
Please visit Online Tracking and Advertising below for further information, including about Do Not Track and how to disable cookies.
Information from Other Sources
Combination and Tracking of Information
We may combine, link, and track the information we receive from and about you through your access or use of the Services, as well as the information that we may collect and acquire: offline, across computers, mobile or other devices (such as tablets, set-top-boxes, or over-the-top devices (e.g., Roku)) that you may use, your public information from social media and other third party services, and from other sources.
2. Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- To enhance your experience and provide you with customized content and messaging on the Services, including providing you with personalized or localized content, recommendations about videos and other features on the Services that you might enjoy, and to identify and link to your account across devices that you may use to access the Services;
- To provide you with personalized offers and advertising on and off the Services, including via email, in-app messaging or push notifications, or across other websites, mobile applications, devices, social media or third-party services that you use;
- To contact you with information, newsletters, promotional emails, in-app messages, push notifications, promotional opportunities, advertisements, or consumer surveys from us and/or on behalf of Digital Retailers, Participating Studios, and our other partners, and affiliates;
- To administer Promotions that you have chosen to participate in;
- To provide, optimize, measure, or improve the Services, content, products, videos, and operations;
- To use your data in an aggregated or de-identified format for analytical, demographic, marketing, or other similar purposes;
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may in our sole discretion violate our policies or be illegal;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
3. Sharing Your Information
We may share the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- With Digital Retailers: We may share your information with Digital Retailers that you connect with the Services. This includes, but may not be limited to, Apple iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Google Play/YouTube, Microsoft Movies & TV, Xfinity, FandangoNOW, Verizon Fios TV and AT&T/DIRECTV, or any future participating Digital Retailers. Digital Retailers that receive your data will use such data in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- With Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party Service Providers that assist us with certain aspects of the Services, including customer service, analytics, marketing, advertising, and operation of the Services. These Service Providers may use the information to provide the support functions or services requested by PILEM, but not for other purposes.
- Business partners and other third parties: We may share information collected from or about you with carefully selected companies, including advertisers, content licensors, distributors, and other companies that are not affiliated with us, including to provide you with marketing, promotional, updates, and other offers. We will not share personal information with these third parties without your consent.
- Aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information: We may disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction, including to third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection with your consent.
4. Your Video Data
With your consent, PILEM may share personal information regarding your PILEM account, together with your video titles, descriptions, and other video activity information (collectively, “Video Data”) with:
- Each Digital Retailer to which you connect your PILEM account and its service providers;
- Participating Studios and their affiliates and service providers; and
- Service Providers of PILEM
You further understand that:
- Connected Digital Retailers and Participating Studios will use the Video Data they receive in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- You can manage your Video Data sharing preferences by going to the Video Data Sharing section of your PILEM settings and following the relevant instructions. You should understand the following about your choice to stop sharing Video Data:
- PILEM may still share your Video Data in the ordinary course of business (e.g., to process your requests and fulfill your orders).
5. Your Account and Profiles
To help you access your PILEM account easily from any of your devices, we use technology that allows us to recognize you so that you do not need to log-in to your account each time you use the Services. If you no longer want us to identify you in this manner, you can log-out of the Services on the applicable device.
You may set up one or more profiles in your PILEM account to create separate, customized experiences within the Service, including personalized recommendations and separate watch histories. You understand that if you allow others to access your PILEM account, they will be able to view and modify any profiles associated with your account. As the account holder, you are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your account, as well as the usage by those with whom you allow shared access.
6. Your Controls and Choices
In addition to the controls and choices we provide you over Video Data, we provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information in connection with the Services. In accordance with applicable law, such controls and choices may include:
To update the profiles associated with your PILEM account, (a) in the PILEM application, visit the “More” section of your account, and click or tap on “Switch Profiles” and (b) on the PILEM website, click your name in the upper right hand corner of the site, and then click “Manage Profiles”. There you can view and delete profiles listed in your account.
We provide you with choices to opt out of receiving certain types of marketing messages. To opt-out, you may use one of these methods:
- Electronic Promotional Offers. When you register for the Services, you may choose to receive emails from us with updates, offers, and other information related to the Services. If you do not want to receive such emails you may click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email. Even if you unsubscribe from receiving such marketing emails, we may still send you transactional emails.
- Push Notifications: When you use the PILEM app, you may choose to receive push notifications. To control whether you receive push notifications, you may adjust your settings on your mobile device.
If you have chosen to receive email marketing from Participating Studios, you can opt-out individually from each of the Participating Studios from which you are receiving studio-specific email marketing. To do so, please review the instructions provided in the marketing emails sent to you by Participating Studios.
Online Tracking and Advertising
Certain parts of the Services require the use of tracking technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, and Web beacons. You are free to adjust your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features in the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your browser’s or operating system’s website “Help” section for more information on how to control your tracking preferences.
- PILEM adheres to the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers, by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) opt-out page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices, or the DAA’s AppChoices tool at http://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Changing your online tracking or advertising preferences will not impact collection, use, or sharing of information by PILEM for other purposes, such as those relating to the access, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of the Services.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), PILEM does not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you provide your consent to such sharing. To make a request for information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please contact us at [email protected]. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of the Services, pursuant to California Business and Professions Code § 22581, you may request and obtain removal of certain content you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected], and provide a detailed description of the specific content or information you wish to have removed. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and there may be circumstances in which applicable law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California Civil Code Section 1798.100, et. seq., provides California residents with certain rights as described below. Please know that these rights may be subject to certain requirements and exceptions as described in the CCPA.
- The Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the sources of such personal information, the purposes, and the categories of third parties with whom such personal information is shared. To submit such a request, you can email [email protected].
- The Right to Access: You have the right to request access to specific pieces of personal information we have collected. Subject to your request being verified, we will provide you with a response concerning your PILEM account consistent with the CCPA. To submit such a request, you can email [email protected].
- The Right to Delete: You have the right to request deletion of certain personal information we collect and maintain. We will only proceed with a deletion of personal information collected by us in connection with your PILEM account, including any profiles, if and when your request is verified. Please note that requesting deletion of your personal information may require the cancellation and deletion of your PILEM account, which cannot be undone. To submit such a request, you can email [email protected].
- The Right to Opt-Out: The CCPA may permit you to “opt out” of the “sale” of your “personal information” to “third parties” (as those terms are defined in the CCPA).
8. Third-Party Content, Links, and Plug-Ins
The Services may contain links to other sites and applications not owned or controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites and applications. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites or applications and to read the privacy policies of other sites and applications that may collect your personal information.
9. Children’s Privacy
You must be at least 13 years of age (or older if necessary to satisfy the age of majority in your jurisdiction) to register for the Services and create an account. The Services are not intended to be used by children without the involvement and approval of a parent or guardian who is a registered user of the Services.
10. Data Security, Integrity, and Retention
11. Data Transfer and Storage
Your personal information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may differ from those of other countries.
13. Comments and Questions